Should I keep posting poetry? I’m writing stuff thats dark again. kinda hate that when I wanna write shit thats dark it seems better than my writing thats not. I’m just so damn emo all the time. fucking inspiration .
People very low on agreeableness have a tendency to be manipulative in their social relationships. They are also more likely to compete than to cooperate.
A memorable moment, which demonstrates the power of arts-based intervention, is an experience I had with an 18-year-old African American man by the name of Kevin (not his real name), who had been trapped in the criminal justice system most of his life. He participated in an expressive arts workshop that I facilitated for males living in a residential group home in Arlington, VA. As they entered the arts room, the young men were welcomed to the setting with the music of Tupac Shakur, a famous rap artist at that time, as well large pieces of paper and an assortment of colorful art materials. I instructed the group to allow the lyrics and the rhythm of the music to inspire them to create a collage that represented their stories, thoughts, and dreams. At first, Kevin was reticent and skeptical of this unfamiliar situation and stood with his arms folded, disconnected from the group. I did not intercede, but kept an eye on him as I moved around the room checking on the progress of the other teens. He stood for a while listening to the music, and then something moved him. He picked up the large oil pastels and immersed himself in the creative process. Once he completed one collage he approached me and asked if he could do another. In the two and a half hour session, he had the opportunity to channel his anger, trauma, and loss into two powerful, provocative works that represented his story. At the conclusion of the session, Kevin rolled up his work and left the room a different person than who he was when he walked in. I stopped Kevin on his way out and shared with him how moved I was by his work. I wanted him to know “I see you”. We both shared a special transitional moment—never to see each other again. It is moments such as this that demonstrates the transformative and healing potential of the arts.
some good happens, inspiring.
- Profile endangered, homes crumble with age
- Black light enigma, daily burning waste
- Aerial flash yellowing leaves in spring
- Deadly palms, outcasts of climate they cling
- Shipping further, steel seas the horizon
- Matching color pasts, objects we buy them
- Locked in crates, passengers rock rolling silent
- Safety sought not without tribune violent
- Purple tongued madness pumping fire (into) hearts
- Slighted and surely living widows start
- Flood in mass a tangled trust so benign
- Together let’s crush, destroy, undermine
- The structure so old its ready to snap
- Scrape at its roots strip it off the map.
- Sinful in threes so carefully misread
- times for lies such obstructions underfed
- bloom in the darkness, dreams fraught with passion
- the minds no good for what I imagine
- balance the scales tip over the balloons
- falsetto disbelief running immune
- call it Karma or just call me today
- weary repeating torn freedom ballet
- skin request anxious belly full of wine
- wary but stubborn unspoken divine
- wishful and sleepless a shrine to your name
- in a heartbeat, grasping for whats to blame
- fading desire bored interest untold
- green-eyed allure so fresh, blind, and still bold
- Icy cold tingle wet witness of birth
- Black levees broken, searing white with worth
- Pendulum stripping, shadowed guilt grievance
- An allure, so delicate and sleepless
- Deaf proud wilds in limbo like traffic
- Slender and focused, divine but tragic
- Dripping like skin that you’ve dreamed but not touched
- A hole in the story, flaws that corrupt
- Wax life memories hang by so many threads
- Tender and young a gift easy to shred
- Murder from within, no more left goodbye
- Twisting eternal, lust filled question why
- Lacie stone revelry, waking blindness
- Tasteful remedy best with kindness
inspirational life quotes
lol the moments when someone in the center of a meme is someone you actually know in real life.